Friday, April 1, 2011

Have you not heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.  He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Isaiah 40:28-29

McKinzie is coming to visit!! And this is what I am painting:

Twilight the Lake by Isaak Levitan, 1900.

Grandiose but calming, yes? It has been somewhat of a challenge, which is wonderful for developing my painting style and exploring the techniques. I'll get creative and churn out an original once I have the tools. Really I'm convincing myself that painting reproductions isn't cheating because it's just so much fun, especially with Keaton Simons in the background.

I thought this was a humorous presentation of human biology to children, specifically the illustration of our mouths fighting bacteria ants. Those silly super-smart Russians are mixing culture with scientific education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment