Monday, April 18, 2011

Long live Yossarian

I wouldn't recommend Joseph Heller's Catch-22 to everyone. But I recommend it to myself every ten years and I can't wait for that time to come.
     "Death to all modifiers, he declared one day, and out of every letter that passed
      through his hands went every adverb and every adjective."
     "Clevinger really thought he was right, but Yossarian had proof, because
      strangers he didn't know shot at him with cannons every time he flew up
      into the air to drop bombs on them, and it wasn't funny at all."

And watch out, all you who frequent Oregon.  There is a giant fungus.
It is old news, but interesting nonetheless.

Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name. Psalm 103:1

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could live in a world without modifiers.

    ReplyDelete